When you interact with us we collect your personal data. Coachholidays.com is committed to protecting your privacy. Please read the following policy that explains how we use and protect your information. We are the data controller of the information you provide to us.
On 25th May 2018 the regulations about how your personal data are used and stored changed. The new European regulations often referred to as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) supersede the Data Protection Act 1998. We have tried to provide a relevant and accurate summary within this policy to help you understand your rights whilst also allowing us to hold and use relevant information about you for your benefit. 1. Explaining the legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including: Consent
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.Legal compliance
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect, process, and share your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the business to law enforcement.Legitimate interest
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business, and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. 2. When do we collect personal information about you?
3. What personal information do we collect about you?
- When you sign up to our email newsletter.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- Your name and your email address.
- IP addresses and cookies: we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used to assist the operation of our website and are designed to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us to:
4. How we use the information we collect about you and why we would do this
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences and allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognise you when you return to our website.
- coacholidays.com will only process (collect, store and use) the information you provide if there is a reason for doing so in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices.
Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. Our Retention Policy will define how long we securely retain each set of personal data.
5. Do we share your information with anyone else?
- We ask for your consent to use your personal data and preferences to keep you informed by email about products and services including special offers and promotions. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest You are free to change your preferences at any time and to opt in or out of any or all of these channels.
We do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personally identifiable information outside this company, except where disclosure is required by law.6. Under what circumstances will coachholidays.com contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous data security measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.7. How we will protect your personal data?
8. How long will we keep your personal data?
- We will treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate measures to protect it.
- Our business systems are protected by robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information stored is suitably protected.
- We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for analysis and business planning. 9. An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask about the information we hold about you can either
- email email@example.com,
- write to The Data Protection Officer, Just Go Holidays Ltd t/a coachholidays.com, 1st Floor, 111 High Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1DW or
- We will provide you with a request form to complete and, following proof of your identification, we will be able to answer your questions.
To simply ask for your information to be amended or preferences to be updated then please visit your online account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org